Tuesday, February 07, 2006

By way of background

Armed with Melody Johnson's guide for The Lazy Dyer , I spent a wonderful day playing with dyes and fabrics in my garden yesterday and here are some of the results:


I'll spare you any photos of my shoulders which I sunburnt to a particularly vibrant shade of pink. Ouch!

I also took the opportunity to try out my new fabric paints . I propose the use the following pieces as backgrounds for some postcards.


Ocean

Copacabana

Lagoon

Spring Growth

Locusts

Grass

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Nice work! If you enjoy dyeing, consider joining the Dyers Webring. If you're interested, go to my blog http://shirleygoodwin.blogspot.com/ and click "JOIN" on the Dyers button. You don't need to be a professional dyer, just someone who enjoys making their own fabric this way.

Shirley in New Zealand

February 07, 2006 6:28 pm  
Blogger Elle said...

I really like the dyed pieces. I haven't worked up the nerve to do it--not to mention that I have no space at all to do it! LOL. They look great.

February 09, 2006 1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home