Saturday, June 10, 2006

English Charms

Please excuse this final batch of holiday snaps but with preparations in full swing for the Sydney Quilt Show, I haven't been able to survey/stroke my stash since I got back let alone get near a sewing machine!

As you may have gathered, it rained every single day of our stay in the Yorkshire Dales. Fortunately it did not rain ALL day and we are hardy souls. We did get out and about. This is the famous Malhalm Cove, a geological limestone feature which was practically just up the road:


This was the view from the top:


And this will surely end up in a quilt sometime:

During the bank holiday weekend, Malhalm Village held a "safari" which I gather was kind of a scavenger hunt with questions, clues and a worksheet for children to complete. This year's safari had a dinosaur theme and just look at these charming creations that schools and community groups had created:






The English are mad about gardening and these saucer-size poppies were devine (those are raindrops not dew). I also saw lots of blousy peonies but didn't manage to snap any photos:


And finally to prove that I as actually there (and look what a little moisture does to my hair!):

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Hardman said...

Wow! You have LOTS of hair! Please don't apoligize for putting vacation photos on line. I love seeing pictures of places I've never been to. I think it's interesting , & maybe some day I'll get to explore there too!

June 10, 2006 3:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home