Thursday, March 09, 2006

Secretary Daze

It's been a little quiet on the quilting front lately as I have spent 5 intense days out of the last two weeks processing entries for the Sydney Quilt Show - a members exhibition of The Quilters Guild of NSW Inc. Yet again, we have received a record number of entries (350+) across all categories so data entry has been a challenge (my fingers are protesting about being curled up over the keyboard so long - they want to be back caressing fabric!). There will be some fabulous quilts on display so mark 14-18 June 2006 in your calendar. And if you can't make it to the show in person, you will be able to see the winning quilts posted on the guild's website.

This week, I also received the go-ahead for the next stage of a celebration quilt that I am making on commission. When my sister Amy got married, I made a Confetti Wedding Quilt using circles of fabric that had been signed by family and friends:



The client asked if I would make a smaller wallhanging in a similar style. And so we have signed "champagne bubbles" on an outback pallette. Here is a very preliminary colour and block placement:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rayna said...

I'm so glad I found your blog and am enjoying catching up on your posts. Lucky you, to get a commission for something that is fun to do.

March 09, 2006 11:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home