Sunday, March 19, 2006

Finishing Up

Today has been a day for completing projects. Or at least trying to. My studio is in chaos at the moment and I really want to restore some order.

I have completed the quilting on fishnet. Not that you can tell from this image. However, if you click on it to see the larger size, you may be able to see that I have quilted t-shapes into the background to continue the shadowy, yet iridescent fishnet imagery. I started quilting the black background squares with greenish thread but, in another wonderful moment of serendipity, happened to glance into my thread drawer to see the red/green/purple variegated thread that I had purchased earlier in the year - it works perfectly! Now to do the binding - black or multi-coloured?


Mmm...while I think about that one, I put a green binding onto the Bright Patch.

Then I finally completed the earthwaterfire:



You will recall that I struggled with fire. I remain unhappy with it but wanted to complete the triptych so that I can use it as a sample in my forthcoming "Making Waves" workshops.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

Hey, Brenda!

I've been reading your blog daily lately and wanted to say that I'm always so inspired by your creativity and how prolific you are! You do get a lot done. The "bubbles" look great...and those previous linear pieces are wonderful, too. I may not always have time to comment (racing through the day, as I'm sure you know how that is) but I do enjoy your entries very much.

March 20, 2006 6:11 am  
Blogger Melly Testa said...

good work.
I love the play and jog of lines in Fishnet.

March 22, 2006 9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home