Thursday, September 28, 2006

Autumn Splendour

Welcome to Autumn Splendour: When Nature Goes to Pieces - my 2006 guild challenge quilt. I completed it last night (apart from the label) but waited for daylight for better photography conditions to share it with you:

I can proudly declare that the top is made entirely from scraps. The 8-piece unit used is a variation of Tommy's "Falling Down" block which features in the Artful Quilters Tutorials See Tommy's 1 April post and 5 April post for other quilts incorporating this block.

Now I had better do that label and get this quilt into the post...

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this turned out so well! I especially like the quilting, it gives it the feeling of wind.

September 28, 2006 9:51 am  
Blogger Diane Perin said...

This is great, Brenda--and encouraging to know you did it so FAST!

September 28, 2006 1:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't believe you put it together and quilted it so quickly. Congratulations

September 28, 2006 4:56 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its official. I have to give up work and become your groupie. Every quilt you make I love!! Great colours, wonderful angles. A real cheer me up picture for one checking emails in a business centre in a dreary birmingham, UK!

September 28, 2006 5:57 pm  
Blogger Ellen said...

I agree with hedgehog: Beautiful!

September 28, 2006 11:06 pm  
Blogger Shelina said...

This is beautiful. Looks great!

September 30, 2006 8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home