Sunday, September 17, 2006

Do [m]any men read your blog?

Given that I choose to keep quilting as the central focus of my blog, it is hardly surprising that it attracts the same diverse but overwhelmingly female demographic of the quilting community.

Off hand I cannot think of a single regular male reader of my blog. My mother reads my blog (hi Mum!) but my father doesn't (perhaps because he doesn't have regular access to a computer). My three sisters read my blog but my two brothers (as far as I know) don't. To be fair, my brother Rowan did join our family recipe blog Our Family Favourites and I live in hope that he will share his banana cake recipe one day. Then again, given the current post-cyclone astronomical price of bananas in Australia, he can probably take his time.

David definitely doesn't read my blog. His eyes roll into the back of his head whenever he receives a Christmas newsletter or lengthy e-mail from his friends and he usually asks me for an "executive summary". Against his better instincts, he did look at my blog when I was in America and his e-mail system was down. He didn't even know my blog address so he googled me!

Do [m]any men read your blog?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My husband does even when I am blogging about things he already knows about, becuase he says he likes the way I write things, bless him. However I do have to be careful - I blogged about those chocolate chip cookies and he looked up from his laptop and said "Are there any left" so I had to share.
I think blogging is a bit like cyber chatting over the backfence isn't it - requires too many relationship and listening skills for most men!

September 17, 2006 7:21 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

As far as I know the only man who reads my blog is my husband's boss! My husband doesn't even read it and couldn't tell you the address if he tried. But his boss does. I think that's a hoot. But I do have to watch what I say because of it. :-)

September 18, 2006 4:35 am  
Blogger Shelina said...

As far as I know, there aren't any men who read my blog. My brother knows about it, so he might stop by from time to time, but he hasn't made any comments.
I think though that if I did know that men did read it, it would have a lot more rants, and more "things men should know." The women who read my blog are lucky they don't have to deal with it.

September 18, 2006 8:24 am  
Blogger Karoda said...

its amusing that this is the topic today for your post because i asked my partner this morning if he ever read my blog. and he said no...the why was because he said it just never crosses his mind.

September 18, 2006 1:04 pm  
Blogger Helen said...

One man reads my blog, a friend who lives far away. Lately I've been reading a few blogs by men, but haven't felt the need to 'blogroll' them. I think Helen is right, what I love about blogging is the realtionships and chatting, and (generalise generalise) that just isn't them is it?

September 18, 2006 8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home