Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Blog Milestone - 9997 Visitors and counting

A quick look at my sitemeter stats tells me that a whopping 9997 visitors have stopped by and had a look around since I added the counter back in January. I've been holding off posting until I hit the magic 10,000 but it's been a slow blog day and I won't be around to report on the spot tomorrow. (I'm teaching a Making Waves workshop to a local group of quilters - two of whom have recently broken their arms, which will make it slightly challenging!)

Incidentally, for fellow bloggers with sitemeter counters, did you know that the "Manager" function lets you ignore visits from yourself so that your stats are not inflated by your own curiosity about how your blog is looking? You can ignore visits by browser or IP address. For my settings, I ignore by IP address and have to refresh it periodically as my IP address rolls over. All pretty nifty.

9.22pm Update: Visitor No 10,000 has just clocked on - somebody with a rr.com account from Pittsfield, Massachusetts who subscribes to the quiltart list. If you are still around, do leave a message and tell us about your quilts!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

I was expecting confetti and a marching band. I guess I don't get anything for being something more than 10000. :(

September 10, 2006 8:37 am  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Tell me more about your site meter - I didn't see it on your blog. Is this through Blogegr or do you have something else?

September 10, 2006 6:25 pm  
Blogger Brenda said...

If you look at the very bottom of the sidebar on my blog, you will see an inobstrusive coloured square - that is my sitemeter icon. There are other versions available through www.sitemeter.com - a free counter that gives you quite detailed stats and information about the last 200 visitors and an overall count. The fact that their icon blends in with my banner is well, serendipity!

September 10, 2006 6:48 pm  
Blogger Fabricfaire said...

Congrates on your 10,000 visitors!Another counter that I use is easy also.http// www.easycounter.com/user. It is free.

September 14, 2006 12:15 pm  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm making two comments on the same post! Thanks for letting me know about sitemeter. I've added it to my blog, and it does provide a lot more information than my old counter, and it is prettier.

September 18, 2006 8:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home