Thursday, August 31, 2006

Circles of Inspiration

When I flew into Pasco airport in Washington State last month, I was fascinated by the shape, texture and colour of the irrigation crop circles:




I have so many ideas about how these circles might translate into a quilt. Free cut pieced circles are one possible interpretation:

Thank goodness for digital cameras which capture different layouts:

Or maybe split the quilt into two. One with dark circles:

The other with light:

I think I am just going to keep sewing circles and see what happens. This might just turn into a series...

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

this is fantastic...and your interpretation is great!! These look like hand dyed fabrics?

August 31, 2006 9:40 pm  
Blogger Deb Geyer said...

These are great!

September 01, 2006 1:55 am  
Blogger Linda B. said...

I like the way you've interpreted this photo and look forward to seeing the final placement.

September 01, 2006 4:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home