Monday, August 28, 2006

Surfing Around

I did get some time at my sewing machine today but not before I had spent just a little time at the computer. Thank you for all the kind comments on my new website. While googling my name to see if the new website has established any presence with search engines yet (the answer is no), I stumbled across the Australian craft portal craftHEAD.info which happened to refer to my workshop at Terrigal last week. The portal makes for quite interesting reading but it was a reference to Craft Australia's National Craft Mapping Project that really caught my eye.

According to its website, Craft Australia is the national peak industry body advocating and lobbying for Australian contemporary craft and design. The National Craft Mapping Project was undertaken by Craft Australia to provide a needs analysis of what makers require for the ongoing professional development of their careers and to scope the breadth of the services available to them through professional craft organisations. I've downloaded a copy of the 40-page report for later reading but a quick search reveals that the word "blog" does not appear once!

Back to sewing these blocks which were (very loosely) inspired by the crop circles I saw from the air when flying into Washington State last month:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home