Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Quilting in Progress!

Photographic evidence that I am making progress with quilting "Unplugged" :

Yes I know this shows the quilt upside down but I wanted to put the baggy, unquilted sections at the bottom. The quilting is quite heavy with lines approximately 1/8" apart. As an experiment, I am quilting these lines with a darning foot rather than a walking foot. Here are a couple of closeups.

I will quilt the purple centre of this block in due course:

By the way, Ngoia Pollard Napaltjarri of Watiyawanu Artists won the 23rd Telstra National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Art Award 2006 with her subtle, black & white textured canvas - Swamps West of Nyrripi .

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Hi Brenda

Your quilt is coming along beautifully. Ngoia's art quilt is gorgeous, black and white always look wonderful together.

xxx Claudia

August 17, 2006 5:52 pm  
Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

Hi Brenda...thanks for posting the links! I've never wanted to take a class with Nancy, but after many recent conversations on QA and other places, and now these, I'm highly intrigued!

As for talking with hands...I'm Irish-Scottish ancestry on one side and Irish with a smidge of German on the other. Yet my first boss told me if they amputated my hands I'd be mute..... we must be kindred spirits LOL!

Cheers, Sarah

September 26, 2006 9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home