Monday, August 14, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

As I write this, I have half an ear and eye to tonight's episode of Top Gear, a TV show that I have previously praised for its ability to make car talk accessible and interesting even to a non-motoring enthusiast. Which reminds me that I forgot to report back on my speaking engagements last week.

The first presentation was a "Quilt & Book" talk at Woy Woy library which was attended by 20-30 people including some intrepid souls from Southern Cross Quilters (SCQuilters) who travelled all the way from Western Sydney and Newcastle. Thanks Jessica, Lissa Jane and co! Not everyone in the audience was a quilter, at least one attendee is a passionate rug hooker and I hope I can persuade her to send me an image of one of her spectacular creations so that I can post it for you all to admire.

A bonus from the presentation is that some extra people have signed up for my workshop next week. My new students popped in to visit this afternoon and decided to buy a Rhapsody fabric set in the rainbow, rainforest and autumn palettes:

I like all the palettes, I'm so glad that I don't have to decide!

My second presentation was to the Terrigal Rotary Club - another attentive and appreciative audience. I had to cover a lot of territory in my 20 minute speech (reflections of an 80s exchange student; my life as a lawyer; my seachange experience and my current creative endeavours) but I pulled it all together and now the group knows a whole lot more about contemporary quilts. Mission accomplished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy & Paul said...

I always thank my Rotary days when I have to do client schmoozing - I think 12 months of meetings made me an expert in small talk and developing an interest in the strangest of businesses. Happy to hear it went ok.

August 15, 2006 8:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home