Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Little Something I Made Earlier

It's nearly a week since I got back from America and I have succumbed to a nasty cold. It started as a sneeze, then a runny nose, sore throat and has settled in my chest. Quite apart from feeling miserable, it's had a negative impact on my productivity. It's hard to machine quilt when drips keep plopping onto the quilt and it's hard to be super-creative when you're permanently attached to a box of Kleenex. So I have been going easy, doing mindless stuff, like finishing off the binding on this more traditional lap quilt:

And here's another close-up of the "back to front" quilting (using the butterfly motif on the backing fabric as a quilting guide):

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Poor you. Try a couple of drops each of peppermint and eucylyptus essential oils either in a burner or just on a cotton wool ball close where you are working - should help keep the airways clear. And take comfort. I found strange spots on my quilt the otherday and after a bit of puzzlement realised it was blood - mine. I had created two long gashes in my forearm with the pins in the borders and I even noticed. I look like I've been trying to slash my wrists!

August 09, 2006 7:01 am  
Blogger Shelina said...

I have allergies and I can understand your frustration. Usually my eyes are watery and burning and my nose is runny. And even though I feel well enough to quilt, I just can't use one hand for the Kleenex and another hand for the quilting.

My you made a traditional quilt. Good for you for being your own self. I think it is fabulous.

August 11, 2006 3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home