Friday, July 28, 2006

Chilling Out

I am currently in Sunnyside, Washington State where I was a Rotary exchange student in 1983. The city is living up to its name with temperatures hovering around 100 F. Indeed the entire country has been in the grip of a heatwave since I arrived earlier in the month. Air conditioning brings welcome relief and I have been taking some quiet time to visit with host families and friends. Only tonight have I been able to access a computer with broadband, hence a belated blog update.

Thanks to classmate Nita for sending through these pictures of me with my compositions at the Crow barn. Something tells me that I like to talk with my hands these days (comes from living with an Italian?):

In this photo, I look like I am doing a haka (Maori war dance):


After a marathon journey from Columbus to San Francisco (via Washington Dulles) I visited a dear friend in Sacramento who recently gave birth to Erik:

I then flew from San Francisco to Washington State via Portland. There were some fantastic crop formations as I flew into Portland and I was kicking myself that my camera was snug in my backpack in an overhead locker. This shot as I flew out of Portland was not as compelling:

but I loved these irrigation/crop circles that I saw on my flight into Pasco:

I love the dusky colours too.

Tomorrow I head over the mountains to Seattle

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Hardman said...

How long will you be in Seattle? Will you be at APNQ?

July 29, 2006 11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home