Friday, July 14, 2006

The Pleasure of [Being] Company

My flight to America was somewhat uncomfortable owing to a foot injury that I sustained en route to the airport. (Acute embarrassment precludes me from divulging the precise circumstances of my accident - suffice to say that if an escalator is going UP, one should not try to go DOWN.) I spent much of the flight nursing an ice pack. This seemed to have the desired effect as I arrived in Annapolis with minimal bruising and sufficiently mobile to join the activities that my exceedingly gracious and hospitable hosts have lined up for me.

The first day involved motoring in a replica mini skipjack owned by the Maritime Museum of Annapolis to the dock in the historic downtown. We undertook of an orientation of the very human scale city and state buildings before returning to a folk concert of "waterman" songs and crewing the boat back to its berth. An authentic Chesapeake Bay experience. Today we are off to visit quilt stores so I am being thoroughly spoilt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Oh Brenda you poor girl, I hope your foot gets better soon. Have a wonderful time in America, I do love it over there. I lived there for 18 months, back in 1991-93, I can't wait to go back.

July 15, 2006 7:04 am  
Blogger Shelina said...

Hope your foot has healed up well. Visiting is no fun when you have to nurse a foot. Glad you are having a good time in the states, and hope you continue to do so.

July 17, 2006 11:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor you - its not your sewing machine pedal foot is it? Looking forward to hearing all about Nancy Crow in due course.
Helen.

July 18, 2006 3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home