Friday, July 07, 2006

A Day in the City

Yesterday I travelled into Sydney for our monthly Guild committee meeting. I took this opportunity to hand deliver my quilts for the forthcoming North Shore Craft Exhibition. Thus you could spot me easily on the train - I was the one with a bundle of quilts under one arm and some hanging rods under the other. Funny how everyone gave me a wide berth.

After delivering the quilts, I popped into Dymocks bookstore. I went in looking for a guide/ reference/ resource book for voluntary organisations and came out with:

Now I know this is old hat to North American readers - Diane featured this book in her blog sidebar months ago - but this is the first time that I have seen the book in Australia anywhere, let alone in a mainstream book store. Plus it was only A$39.95 for 512 pages of splendid contemporary quilts. And, thanks to some store rewards credits, I got it for $32. (OK, this is when I admit that I took the only copy on the shelf and I didn't buy the book for the guild library but hopefully the store can get more copies in.)

2 Comments:

Blogger rooruu said...

I succumbed to that book from Amazon - but I'm sure if I did the sums, and added postage, you didn't pay much if any more for it. So it's good to know it's available in Oz for a reasonable price. It's a terrific book!

July 08, 2006 12:53 am  
Blogger Shelina said...

I just got that book from the library.

July 09, 2006 3:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home