Monday, June 26, 2006

Synchronicity

I knew that my Synchronicity quilt was going to feature as a project in Down Under Quilts but I had forgotten that it would be so soon! and I certainly didn't know that it was destined to be a small inset on the cover:

It's always a thrill to see one of my quilts published and I find the process of project writing quite interesting. You don't realise how many things you do instinctively/automatically until you go through the discipline of trying to set out each step in the quiltmaking process in a clear and logical fashion.

This is the 7th project that I have had published in an Australian magazine. If you have ever made a quilt based on one of my projects, I'd love to see your variation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic Bridges said...

Well done with your Synchronicity quilt, Brenda - it looked great in the magazine (which arrived her today also). Very nice quilting, too (from what I could see).

June 26, 2006 7:17 pm  
Blogger Claudia said...

Brenda, the Sychronicity quilt is beautiful. I will have to go buy the magazine today. The quilting is stunning, I imagine it is trupunto, I will check the pattern when I get the magazine. Wonderful piece. I have written on pattern, and found it one of the most tedious things I've done. But also to see the finished result, and someone could make it, it was a great outcome, and like you say, you don't realise how much you just do now that is second nature, that you have to account for in the pattern.

xxx Claudia

June 28, 2006 7:08 am  
Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

Congrats on the publication, and condolences on the printer! I really like DUQuilts... when I first subscribed (at great expense from the US...sigh...) to Aust. Patchwork and Quilting they had nice art quilts as well, but got hopelessly country cute. Really love the feel of DU Quilts, but had to let the subscription lapse. At least the local quilt shop here in Maine (far NE corner of the US, next to Canada) now carries it! Yippeee!

June 29, 2006 9:57 am  
Blogger rooruu said...

Great quilt - simple, effective, a design that the less-confident can see how to make work. Well done.

July 02, 2006 12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glancing through DU Quilts in my fav. Borders shop I found this lovely quilt that would be great in autumn tones but with lots of orangy shades, which my daughter loves.
It is a lovely looking quilt, haven't read all the pattern yet,most impressive

Robyn

July 03, 2006 6:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home