Thursday, June 22, 2006

Feeling better

My fever broke this morning. My stomach is still gurgly but I am tentatively back in my studio... Here are some sample blocks that I have put together from the "wildberry" fabric pack that I am offering in conjunction with my Colour Rhapsody workshops:



As you will have gathered, I adore batik fabrics and use them in many of my quilts. Very few Australian patchwork stores stock a good range of batiks but favourable mention must go to Leesa at Chandler's Cottage. I came across Leesa's stand at the Sydney Quilt Show last week and was very impressed by her selection of batiks and the sympathetic pairing she has made of batiks and oriental themed fabrics. I supplemented my stash with a bunch of fat quarters. Who knows what damage I could have done if I had discovered her stand earlier on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ferret said...

Looks great, so nice to see another quilter who likes purples. I keep finding people who hate it. I love batiks too, but like you find that most shops don't have a great range.

June 23, 2006 6:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home