Sunday, June 18, 2006

This Week's Magic Moments

Quilt show week is always exhausting but there have been some magic moments including:
  • seeing Margo Hardie, the winner of Best in Show, overcome the pain and discomfort of a recent injury to attend the last day of the show; don a fluro pink rosette bearing the words "Prize Winner - talk to me about my quilt" and hold court in a wheelchair in front of her quilt with a large, admiring audience;
  • having complete strangers walk up to me to say that they had discovered my website and/or blog and enjoyed my quilts;
  • spending two hours demonstrating machine quilting in the guild's demonstration area - my first time back at a sewing machine in nearly two months!;
  • meeting fellow bloggers or Squilters;
  • talking to Dianne Firth, the winner of the Contemporary Art Quilt award for her stunning quilt The Scallop, and finding out that she sews all her quilts on the dining room table after her family has finished their meal;
  • having my Synchronicity quilt returned to me by the editor of Down Under Quilts (it will be a featured project later in the year). When I showed it to the friends I was staying with in Sydney during the show, two year old Eleanor immediately rushed off to find her colour book and returned pointing to the rainbow :-) ; and


  • sleeping in my own bed last night - bliss!
I'm about to reacquaint myself with my husband and home now but the blog should be back on track for the next few weeks at least...

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb Hardman said...

Sounds like little Eleanor has an eye for color! I for one am glad you're home. I enjoy your words, so welcome home! & congratulations on your getting published!

June 19, 2006 2:50 pm  
Blogger Shelina said...

I really like this quilt. It's so colorful! It reminds me of when I was a little girl and I would cut up paper, from the topand bottom, so that it remains intact - it would become this big circle that I could walk into. Congratulations on being published.

June 20, 2006 1:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home