Monday, June 19, 2006

My First [Small] Exhibition - Coming Soon!


This bowl was a birthday gift from my Amy (my sister) and Paul (her husband). I carried it home from London as hand luggage and am very glad that it is still in one piece. It is much too nice to hide in a cupboard so I am keeping it in my studio to hold my small collection of artist trading cards.

I am very partial to glass objects, especially those that combine beautiful form with function. When I was looking for small house gifts to give to our home exchange hosts, I set off to the two gallery stores of The Society of Arts & Crafts of New South Wales situated in the historic area of downtown Sydney known as "The Rocks". I was not disappointed as I found some small glass platters with a blue wave motif - perfect for reminding our friends of their time at the beach at Copacabana.

I got to talking with the staff and, to cut a long story short, was invited to join in the forthcoming exhibition of The North Shore Craft Group Inc:

North Shore Craft Exhibition:
from Wednesday 19 July (opening night)
to Sunday 23 July 2006
Kur-ring-gai Town Hall,
11886 Pacific Highway, Pymble, Sydney

The dates clash with when I will be attending a improvisations workshop with Nancy Crow in Ohio so I will not be able to participate in person. Nevertheless, I am very excited about the opportunity to share my quilts with a wider audience.

My next job is to design and print a bunch of new flyers and business cards. I've been planning on buying a colour laser printer for such projects for a while (my inkjet printer makes great pictures but is much too greedy with cartridges). Imagine my delight when I had time to read the newspaper this morning and saw an advertisement announcing a $200 cashback offer on my preferred model - a Fuju Xerox Docuprint C525A. This means the printer will cost me A$450 instead of A$650 - a discount not to be sneezed at. Now to reorganise my studio so that I can fit it in. Will I ever get back to my sewing machine?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home