Monday, July 10, 2006

Time to Pack

Only two more sleeps until my great quilting adventure. On Wednesday morning, I head off to America to attend a 5-day improvisations workshop with Nancy Crow. I will also take this opportunity to catch up with friends in Annapolis, San Francisco, Sacramento, Sunnyside (eastern Washington State where I was an exchange student in 1983) and Seattle. In all, I will be away for three weeks so my blog posts may be a little irregular for the balance of July.

In preparing for my trip, it has been interesting to read recent comments on the quiltart list and to read the blogs of Robin and Tommy, both of whom have attended workshops with Nancy this summer. I don't promise to be as forthcoming in showing my workshop output online but I am looking forward to critique and feedback from Nancy and my fellow students. I'm also looking forward to being reunited with the enormous pile of fabric that I purchased when I was in America at Christmas time and shipped onto the Crow "barn" in Ohio. ( I completely understand the philosphy of having a comprehensive palette of fabric at your fingertips for the workshop but the logistics can be a little challenging when you are travelling from half way around the world!)

On the subject of packing, I wonder what the occupants of this nest took with them before abandoning home:

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

Brenda! What a fun adventure for you! I hope you will eventually post what you've done in Nancy's class. If you're in No. California and get to Healdsburg, give me a shout--I'd love to meet you in person!

July 11, 2006 2:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home