Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Improvising with Nancy

I arrived in Ohio safely (no more escalator episodes) and have now completed two days of my workshop with Nancy. The days are full and exhilarating so there is not much opportunity to linger on the computer back at the hotel. Nevertheless, here are some photos:

This "composition" is from one of the black and white line exercises that we did on day one:

The next task was to isolate one unit from each exercise and create a 9-plex composition in colours of our choosing:

I left the hotel in the morning with a soft neutral palette in mind. My final colour choice I suspect reflects that I haven't had a decent night's sleep since leaving home and was feeling kind of wired! This is not a restful quilt:

So I made a few extra units that are not so wild (or "funky" as Nancy kindly put it):

I finally slept well last night so let's see what today brings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

I like the funky quilt top! Enjoy your time in the states and especially with Nancy Crow!

July 20, 2006 2:56 pm  
Blogger rooruu said...

It's so interesting to see what you're doing and the examples you're working through - thanks for the update. Sounds like such an inspiring workshop!

July 21, 2006 4:43 pm  
Blogger Shelina said...

I hope you are enjoying your stay in Ohio. I'm waving to you from Columbus. It is unusually hot here, as it is in much of the world.

July 22, 2006 9:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home