Monday, July 24, 2006

More photos from the Crow Barn

On the last afternoon of our workshop with Nancy, each student displayed their compositions for the week and discussed some of the things they had learned in the process. We had all been most productive and there were some beautiful quilt tops on exhibition. As I didn't ask permission, I will not post any pictures of the work of other students but here is the balance of my output.

I enjoyed making these shapes from the fabrics I created and think I could do something fun with more repetition:

These unsewn units were made with stacks, strategic cutting and rotations. Some of the shapes change/disappear with the seam allowances but it's a great exercise in serendipity:

The final exercise involved making a black and white composition and then recreating a more exaggerated version in colour. I did not complete this exercise, partly because I made my composition so BIG and partly because I disappeared to the Post Office to dispatch my 40 odd pounds of fabric on a slow boat to Australia:


1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

Brenda,

Thanks for sharing your pictures from the Crow workshop. Looks like a wonderful time and I like what you did a LOT, especially the "funky" blocks. Can't wait to see where you go from this experience! And I really like the end "triangles" with printed fabrics in them.

July 25, 2006 2:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home