Monday, August 21, 2006

In further praise of baby quilts

As I have mentioned before, smaller/baby quilts are a great medium for experimenting with new techniques and mastering skills. Here is a small sample of the 70+ baby quilts that I have made.

Popsicles uses dimensional pieceing. Not a technique that I care to use again but effective enough here:

Heartened was an experiment using Barbara Bilyard's "Keep it So Simple" S-bends technique:

Copacabana Beauty was my first foray into foundation piecing - another technique that I am not overly enamoured with but I did get some great points on my New York Beauty blocks:

And baby quilts don't have to use traditional blocks or designs. I love the quilt that Robin made following her recent workshop with Nancy Crow - a new baby classic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fabricfaire said...

Your baby quilts are cheerful and any baby would be proud to be wrapped in them. I particularly love the "Copacabana" one! (I also love the song!)

August 22, 2006 5:04 am  
Blogger Brenda said...

Rosy, after we bought this house, it took weeks to get that song out of my head. Barry Manilow has a lot to answer for...

August 22, 2006 8:01 am  
Blogger Shelina said...

I haven't done dimensional quilting or paper piecing yet. Both of yours look great, and eventually I will have those tools under my belt too.
When I was basting my quilt, one of the ladies there had made a beautiful dimensional quilt that she is planning on teaching this fall.

August 24, 2006 4:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home