Friday, September 15, 2006

Now I Can Tell All

When I mentioned earlier today that I was distracted from blogging, it didn't mean that I had strayed far from the computer. On the contrary, I have been having a great time rebuilding my main Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting website.

Some of the changes are deliberately subtle. Mostly I wanted to streamline the site navigation; showcase my range of patterns and quilts and sympathetically complement my contemporary quilts website. Have a look and let me know what you think.
As always, there are some refinements to be made and I value your feedback.

Parts of the "old" website is still on the system so any links to the former pages should generally still work but you will be gently nudged onto the "new" website if you click on any of the navigation bars on the "old" site. I also propose to progressively add "detail" quilt images to the "new" website but I reckon it's time to get back to doing some quilting...

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

Your new site looks great. Elegant, simple..Easy to navigate and it really shows your quilts off well.

September 17, 2006 2:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks really good - just one comment - why not make a clearer link on the 'old site' to the new one - the associated websites link is quite tucked away. Actually - make that 2 comments - where you say 'postage is extra' - i did want to know easily what that was, especially when you are talking international postage - could you specify on that page? Otherwise - very prfessional - a good showcase for your webdesign business

September 17, 2006 5:52 am  
Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks for your comments Helen. I have found them most helpful.

I don't actually want to draw attention to old pages on my website. By the same token, I know there are miscellaneous links to the old pages throughout this blog and elsewhere and I don't want to delete the pages and create broken links.

My "old" website has more than 300 individual html pages so it is not possible to amend them all to expressly refer to the "new" website. However, I have now updated the main entry/exit links used in the navigation bars of the "old" website so if you do happen to stumble upon an old page, you should be migrated smoothly to the "new" website. I've also amended the references to postage.

September 17, 2006 4:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think - becuase you know what you are taking about and I don't (Migrating - does that mean I can come down under for the winter?!) - we may be at cross purposes when we talk about the 'new' and 'old' website. I meant that the front page of www,serendipitypatcworh.com.au should have an easy link to http://www.brendagaelsmith.com/ because if I stumbled on the former I'd want to know about eveything you do.

September 17, 2006 7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home