Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when a technology device stops working for no apparent reason? Today I took a few more photos of pelicans and herons down at the lagoon but I cannot download them from my camera. Every time I plug in the USB cable and turn on the camera, up pops an infuriating message that there has been a power surge on my USB hub and I should disconnect the device. This is the same camera, cable, computer combination that has been happily working for nearly two years! Why now? Why me?

The oh-so-helpful workaround on the Microsoft help site [Article ID 870893] is:
"... you must power the USB device by an external power source if one is available for the
Fortunately, none of my other USB connected devices and tools appear to be affected. So it looks like I will be buying a card reader or external device when I go shopping tomorrow. In the meantime, this post will be without pictures :-(

On a brighter note, between us Lisa Walton and I managed to make and insert a jazzy new header for Lisa's blog. Lisa created the image (complete with very cool rounded corners that blend with her blog background):

Inspirations: Lisa Walton's Blog
and I worked out the format tweaks required for the "Rounders" blogger template. Along the way, I learned a few tricks which I will add to my blog banner tutorial shortly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,

Hope you got your camera fixed. I too "hate it when", mine was my satellite broadband (I live in the country) connection thaank heavens for Telstras tech support,but it took three days trust yours was easier to fix.

September 19, 2006 2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home