Saturday, October 07, 2006

Maverick

I don't what possessed me to embark upon an applique project. It's not a technique that I particularly enjoy and, more often than not, I find there is a gaping hole between my artistic conception and final execution. Last night I was ready to abandon "Maverick" for more fulfilling endeavours. This morning I am thinking it might have a reprieve although a reprieve means making many more red tulips:

Now is not the time for such decisions. Today David and I are off to the city to do some Christmas shopping (surface mail to the US closes on 13 October) and to meet some friends for dinner. Dining out is a rare treat these days (the Central Coast has many virtues but fine dining is not one of them) and I'm looking forward to sharing travel tales.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hedgehog said...

Have fun with the Christmas shopping! So good that you are organized enough to do the surface mail!! The tulips are gorgeous. Hope you'll keep going with them.

October 07, 2006 2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home