Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Better Late than Never

When I rocked up to the Post Office at Baltimore, Ohio with some 15 kilos (32 pounds) of surplus fabrics from my Nancy Crow workshop back in July, I said something along the lines of "I don't care how long it takes, I want to ship this at the cheapest rate". Another case of, be careful what you wish for. Seventeen weeks later, the relcalcitrant parcel has finally materialised (in every sense of the words). Now to find somewhere to store it!

I posted off my guild calendar challenge quilt today - very much in the spirit of participation rather than competition. Here is an image of Le Printemps (it looks better if you squint):

And here is the inspiration - some wildflowers from the French Pyrenees:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le Preintemps - is lovely! (So true on the watching what you wish for... There is a very slow boat to China for those packages.)

November 29, 2006 11:21 pm  
Blogger Erica Spinks said...

I love the abstract interpretation of the photo. This type of work is something I really want to do more of.

November 30, 2006 8:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's lovely. Even without squinting!

December 01, 2006 9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home