Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Quelle surprise?!

I almost finished quilting the commission/celebration quilt today. Stretching and relaxing between bursts, I could hear a great commotion from David's workshop which is located directly below my studio. Being summer, it's been a while since David has spent any time in his workshop - he prefers to work on his tan at the beach. However, today indifferent weather apparently forced him indoors. When I inquired what he was working on, he replied "none of your business!" Rightly, or wrongly, I have translated this to mean "something for you, so stop asking questions!". But I don't have any idea what it could be! I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm now two-thirds of the way through my refresher French course. It's proving to be a gentle but pleasant reintroduction to the idiosyncracies of the language. My reading and aural comprehension skills are pretty good but when it comes to speaking - quelle horreur! Fortunately the teacher is very tolerant and good humoured so none of us need be intimidated. Hopefully a little osmosis is taking place and I'll be more fluent by the time we reach the French Pyrenees in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home