Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Wonder of Google

In the past month I have re-established contact with two dear friends thanks to the search power of Google. Admittedly both friends have reasonably unusual names and interests but tracking them down was so easy. As Josh, an exchange student buddy from 1983 said:
There should be some sort of ad (though redundant) along the lines of "Google: Bringing the World back together" ...
Even better, the other friend from university days in New Zealand turns out to live just up the road at Newcastle so we plan to get together in person soon. That friend is due to become a father for the first time in mid-2007 so I can feel another baby quilt coming on. But today is the day for baking Christmas cakes so excuse me as I head off to the kitchen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chantel said...

hmm cake! Maybe time to compare fruit cake recipes and so forth on our family favourites blog!

October 10, 2006 12:38 pm  
Blogger Deb Hardman said...

Wow, you are good! Getting ready already for Christmas. Makes me think I better get going!Thanks!

October 10, 2006 3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home