Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Feeling Festive

Today we decorated to the strains of the Christmas carols. First we swapped out the display quilt with Christmas Carousel :

(See I told you every wall in this house gets some kind of sun. This photo was taken at 5.25pm and that gash of light is the late afternoon glare.)

Then we pulled out the Christmas decorations which haven't seen the light of day for two years since we were away last Christmas. It was like catching up with old friends. David set up the nativity, complete with nodding donkeys from his childhood:

No Christmas tree. Love the smell but they die instantly in this climate. One day, I plan on making a large quilted wall hanging tree that we can pin decorations to. In the meantime, we spread the decorations around the fireplace and bookshelves. Mum is bringing the stockings with her from New Zealand next week. I wonder if Santa will work out where to find us...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chantel said...

Santa WILL come, sure of it. I will hang my stocking out in NZ *just in case*

December 13, 2006 9:54 pm  
Blogger Amy & Paul said...

I don't have a stocking over here. And I don't know if Santa will find me in Prague!

December 14, 2006 9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home