Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Living with the Laundry King

In an age where survey after survey consistently show that housework continues to fall to women, I am indeed fortunate to live with one of the most domesticated men on the planet. Cleaning, shopping, cooking, oddjobs and laundry - David does it all. Hey, he even managed to squeeze a load of laundry in on our wedding day! (Now if I could only convince him that putting fruit & vege scraps in the compost bin is a worthwhile pursuit...)

I'm sure that my habit of traipsing threads and scraps of fabric into the house from my studio drives David crazy but he puts up with it in good humour. But I think my habit of sticking pins and needles into the side of the seat cushion of my TV chair had him worried. And so my early wedding anniversary surprise ( see earlier post below) turned out to be a super-duper organiser, thingamy jiggy thing that I can rest all my sewing gumpf in/on as I sew in tails; do bindings etc as I watch TV. Note the nifty attachment on the side for putting rubbish into. And if I want to clean up for company, I can simply carry the unit and place it in the cupboard. How ingenious!






By the way, I can tell from my sitemeter stats, that I have lots of visitors from all sorts of interesting places around the world including a bunch of regulars. THANKS for checking out my blog! I hope that you are enjoying it. Do leave a comment sometime and if my Belgian readers are French speakers, I'd really love some help with my French quilting vocabulary!

In case you haven't already discovered it, I can highly recommend the service offered by bloglines (www.bloglines.com) - it allows you to list all your favourite blogs on your own private page; highlights when new entries have been added to the blogs; and lets you link to the blogs so that you can read what's new. This way you can keep up to date with all the happenings, without having to manually go through your own favourites/bookmarks. I've found this service really useful and means that I waste slightly less time on the computer when I could be sewing :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

BlogLines let you spend less time on teh computer? Gee, for me it means I spend more!! Ofcourse my subscription list is 350+ long and growing!!

Can your housework hubby come rub some of his talent off on my spouse?

March 29, 2006 3:17 am  
Blogger Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Oh wow! Brenda, you are so lucky ... not only does your hubby do domestic stuff, but also Manly Man stuff, like building stuff with wood and power tools! I think I'm in love ... better keep him close, 'cause many of us on QuiltArt are bound to try to steal him, LOL!
cheers,
Linda

March 29, 2006 6:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home