Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Encounter with King Neptune

While swimming around the rocks this morning, I got to follow an enormous blue groper for several minutes. See the Australian Museum website HERE for images of this magnificent creature. And we also have a new SMBE (smallest mouthbit ever) record - so small that my digital camera can't cope with a closeup of this shell. Otherwise it has been a day of quilting the hot cross blocks quilt. I'm not thrilled with the quality of my workmanship - quilting through template plastic (used to reinforce some of the jagged edges) played havoc with the sewing machine needles. I'll post pictures when I have finished burying my thread tails.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karoda said...

Wow! do you have an underwater camera!? what a beautiful fish...how large was the one you saw?

April 21, 2006 1:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home