Sunday, April 16, 2006

Early Memories

One of my earliest memories is of a family excursion one Easter. The trip involved staying with friends at their empty lot ("section" in kiwi parlance) near a surf beach in New Zealand. My parents, baby brother and I spent the night snuggled up in our kaypok sleeping bags in the back of the family station wagon. Like all sensible 2-3 year olds, I was very concerned that the Easter Bunny would not know where to find us. I should not have worried because I awoke to find chocolates eggs placed along the dashboard of the car. I don't have children myself, but never under-estimate the impact of early childhood experiences and adventures. And I woke up this morning to chocolate eggs on my pillow so the Easter Bunny still knows where to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home