Saturday, April 15, 2006

Audition Time

Do you ever finish a quilt top; really like it and fear spoiling it with inappropriate quilting? I've used cot quilts as a medium for building confidence in my machine quilting skills but still suffer from mild pre-quilting nerves. For my latest quilt, I thought I'd try out some ideas on some spares blocks which you will see laying on the quilt top in the photo below. I've decided to proceed with vertical and horizontal lines as shown on the left but, of course, executing even lines on a larger quilt has its own technical challenges especially when my cross blocks are slightly wonky!

While I am at it, here's the backing:

I like backings that bear some relationship (eg colour, theme, texture or shape) to the quilt top, so was very happy when I found the right palette in this floral print.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

I'm liking that quilting a lot. Heck I like the whole piece!!

I do a lot of a similar grid quilting, and have decided to not sweat the little variations in the grid. But I won't get into the whole philosophical scientific discussion I have in my head.

April 16, 2006 12:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home