Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Shapes in Nature

After yesterday's long post, you will be relieved to know that I am reverting to my usual blog style of fewer words and more (but not excessive) pictures. Here is the "M&A" ("mouthbits" and abalone) part of David's shell collection:


"Mouthbits" is a technical term that we apply to the hard parts used by shell creatures to seal up the entrance to their shells. Here is a close up:

I am particularly proud of spotting the SMBE (smallest mouthbit ever) in the top left corner which is the size of a small fingernail and was well camouflaged on the golden sands of Copacabana. Now, for some reason, this has got me thinking about cinnamon scrolls but there's no time for baking today. However, if you like the sound of sticky date pudding with a difference, check out my family's recipe blog - Our Family Favourites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home