Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Who needs a gym?

when your local council provides your very own stairmaster:

Actually, there are many sets of steep stairs around Copacabana connecting those from the "dress circle" to the beach. This particular stairmaster has 58 steps conveniently spaced a stretched stride apart with a wicked incline from about step 32. It seems like no matter how many times I bound up the stairmaster each week, I am still panting and breathless at the top. It's great aerobic exercise.

Oh, in case you're wondering, I don't live on the dress circle (more like tucked behind the cheap seats where someone could still come along and spoil the
showview) but have incorporated the stairmaster into my daily constitutional so that I can feel virtuous now and then. But enough of the halo polishing, back to my "to do" list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy & Paul said...

It's great being able to get daily things and make them exercise. My stairmaster is walking up the stairs on the tube...

April 27, 2006 6:52 am  
Blogger Chantel said...

I can testify that those stairs are pretty mean

May 03, 2006 7:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home