Friday, May 12, 2006

A little quilting content - at last!?

After doing a little (Christmas!) shopping in the quaint laneways of the old town in the French Catalonian capital of Perpignan, we headed northward to Salleles d’Aude:

This is a pleasant village, gracefully enhanced by the tree canopy over its canal, but the main attraction for me was the European Patchwork Centre. The owners have converted the stone wine vats into mini-galleries featuring different different quilting styles and techniques. Then you go upstairs to a splendid exhibition space where quilts from Dijanne Cevaal and Annette Claxton are currently on display. In fact, Dijanne was on site teaching yesterday and she kindly allowed me to come by and introduce myself. From the outset of my quiltmaking activities, Dijanne’s work has been an inspiration to me so it was a delight to meet her at last and to see so many of her quilts in one location. These photos do not do her work justice:


1 Comments:

Blogger Ros Ward said...

Thanks for letting me see some of Dyannes exhibition.
Enjoy Edinburgh, I grew up there and played around the castle and Holyrood Palace, a mere bike ride from home.
Ros

May 16, 2006 5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home