Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's in the Bag!

New Zealanders of a certain age will recall the radio and TV game show "It's in the Bag!" featuring the avuncular Selwyn Toogood as the host as he toured school halls around the country. However, the title of this post refers to the proposed use of this foundation piecing:

I'm planning to make many of my Christmas gifts this year and this quilted piece is destined to be made into a bag for my mother-in-law's best friend Jeanne. As you will see from recent posts, I am enjoying the colour play that arises when you join scrap strips together. I have a vast collection of batik scraps and am pleased to see them being put to good use.

Incidentally, I haven't abandoned "Maverick" entirely but I have decided against trying to complete it for a forthcoming show as I don't think it is innovative or edgy enough for the particular exhibition and I have enough other projects on my plate without forcing completion by the relevant deadline. I'm minding my Ps and Qs - pacing, priorities, quilting and quilts. ..

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Spinks said...

Brenda - now you are working in series!

October 11, 2006 9:26 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

these are great! The color play on this is so fall like.

October 11, 2006 10:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home