Sunday, October 29, 2006

Paua Bag Finished

For those of you who admired my paua-inspired foundation piecing, here it it is made up into a tote bag. Side one:

And the other side:

Adhering to my resolution NOT to buy more fabric for these bags, I used some synthetic lilac fabric that was lurking in my stash (from my experimentation with fabric crayons that do not work on 100% cottons) for the lining. After sewing with cottons so long, working with the synthetic fabric was truly horrible. Never again.

On the subject of man-made fibres, Jacqueline's collection of acrylic knitted tea cosies brought a smile to my face. The owl is especially quirky.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,
Wow! I covert the bag, the colours are delicious they blend so well, your the sort of relative/friendI'd like to have to get Christmas gifts from.

October 30, 2006 2:16 pm  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Lovely bag, those colors are beautiful.

October 31, 2006 4:12 am  
Blogger Beverly said...

Fantastic bags, I want, I want!!

October 31, 2006 12:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful. love those colors. I think its a great way to use up scraps, I may take a crack at it with my own pile of odds and ends. (you know the itty bits that are just big enough to save for well for something just like that)

October 31, 2006 12:31 pm  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Love the bag!!!

Bonnie

October 02, 2007 9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home