Monday, October 23, 2006

Stack, Slash, Sew & Turn

As I plod along with some boring but necessary bookkeeping (I must also do my tax return), I thought I would share this sequence of photos for the samples that I made for my demonstration at the guild meeting last Saturday.
  • Make a stack of four fabric squares (mine were 15 1/2") right side up and make 6 freeform cuts.
  • Swap the cut strips around to make a pleasing arrangement.
  • Sew to make four new fabric squares

  • Stack the new fabric squares on top of each other
  • Make six cuts through all layers
  • Peel off strips to make a pleasing arrangement

  • Sew seams to make four new fragmented fabric squares.
  • Play with possibilities and don't go cross-eyed

4 Comments:

Blogger Debra said...

Ok, I am SO going to do this this afternoon!! hmmm... which four fabrics?

October 24, 2006 1:10 am  
Blogger Brenda said...

Other possibilities include using only two or three colours or introducing more colours/fabric squares before the second round of cuts. Remember, you will end up with raggy edges but these can be trimmed up later.

October 24, 2006 7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,
You spun my head but I can't waith to try thank you Brenda.

October 25, 2006 3:03 pm  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is such a clever idea. I am going to have to try this too!

October 25, 2006 9:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home