Saturday, October 14, 2006

My New Quilting Buddies

Today was unseasonably warm. Accordingly, after my morning swim and breakfast, I left David to his tan and headed for the air-conditioned comfort of the local mall. Apart from needing to restock the pantry, I was on a mission to replace my ailing iron and to buy a tripod for my digital camera. Here are my new quilting buddies:

An iron is an essential quilting tool yet, as noted on Lisa Call's blog, finding an iron that can withstand the rigours of quiltmaking can be a challenge. My trusty iron never quite recovered from being knocked onto the floor earlier in the week. Then, to add insult to injury, I had managed to encrust the super teflon surface with some gunk from the pellon that I am using for the bags that I am making. Fortunately one of the department stores is having a mid-season sale and I was able to get the same make and model which has served me well (apart from the pesky beeping noise that accompanies the auto-off function).

The tripod is something that has been on my Christmas list for a while but the purchase was accelerated due to an impending photography assignment. In the absence of any other volunteers coming forward, I have agreed to photograph the forty odd "Going to Pieces" guild challenge quilts on Tuesday. Not that I purport to be an expert photographer. I will be re-reading the photography guide for textile artists generously compiled by Holly Knott and Any Baird.

You will be able to give me a scorecard (be gentle!) as I plan on posting images of some or all of the quilts on the guild website for which I am defacto webmaster. There are some fabulous quilts so I will post the link in due course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home