Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Odds & Ends

I'm still in tidy-up mode. Trying to get everything unpacked, put away and generally in order so that I can treat myself to a dyeing day with a clear conscience. While I was in Canberra, I purchased some more dyes from one of my students (Annie of Annie's Dye Pot) and I'm looking forward to having a play. Annie also generously gave me some fabrics which I am sure will make it into a quilt at some stage:

Today I also prepared an abridged version of my presentation to Canberra Quilters to be included in their next newsletter. The sentiments contained in my talk on serendipity and the art of the quilt will be familiar to those who know me or read my blog but here is a pdf version of the article if you are interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judy,

Brenda, thanks for the copy of your notes I have just printed them out, I am committed to the Serendipity concept, at the moment it seems to operate everyday in my life from textile work where a fabric literally falls into my hands and it is the exact colour I was looking for. To who I ring among family and friends who immediately say" I was just going to ring you for advise, information, to see how you are, or can I call and see you" just as I need these things.

I envy those lovely hand dyed colours and look forward to seeing what you do with them sometime up the track.

November 08, 2006 2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home