Monday, November 06, 2006

Paws for Effect

As foreshadowed, my life has been a blog-free zone for the past few days as I traveled to the nation's capital to honour a teaching and speaking invitation kindly extended by Canberra Quilters.

I had a wonderful time meeting a series of delightful quilters at the Thursday meeting and in my three days of classes. I also had fun "after hours" making a field trip to Lark Hill Winery (home of the sublime "Exaltation" Pinot Noir) and admiring the stylish wood art, sculpture, craft and contemporary furniture on exhibition at the Woodworks in Bungendore. As it happened, I didn't make it to the National Gallery, opting instead to linger at Addicted to Fabric selecting fabrics for the wedding quilt for my brother who got married last year.

Excuse me as I catch up with e-mails, bills and other chores. I leave you with a photo of the kangaroo paws just coming into bloom in our garden:

Note also our water tank and compost bin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear about your break / holiday. I have been trying hard to take some time out and go visiting places since really long. Hope to do it soon.

November 07, 2006 6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home