Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More Unplugged!

These photos are not much better but they will have to do for now. Besides, as David helpfully pointed out, I still have to do some "quilting do-dads" in the purple centre of the light turquoise block so more photos will be required later:

For those of you who are new to my blog, this quilt was started in my July workshop with Nancy Crow. The hatch quilting is done using the darning foot but still with the feed dogs up:

Because of the quilt's irregular size and style, I opted for facing rather than binding and used a technique kindly sent to me by Kathy Loomis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can see the Nancy Crow influence in this yet it is certainly not a copy of her stuff. Very quirky! (That's a compliment). The quilting looks very time consuming. What size is the finished piece?

November 02, 2006 12:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you quilted this! I know there's Melody Johnson out there saying we can quilt too much, but I personally like heavy thread embellishment! It adds so much!

November 05, 2006 8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home