Sunday, April 02, 2006

A tired (but happy ) camper...

My weekend workshop at "Quilt Camp" with Gloria Loughman was great fun. I have always been very comfortable working with colour in my quilts but had absolutely no clue when it came to effective colour/value placement in landscapes. I had lots to learn and Gloria is a great teacher. Here is a work-in-progress shot of my modest (A3) landscape:



Part of the workshop involved hand painting skies, backgrounds and water. My fabric painting wrinkled up on the plastic surface but this seemed to work quite well for my "water". I've added a tree and some stitching since this photo was taken and will post another photo later.

Quite apart from the fun of catching up with my "Quilt Camp" buddies, I was especially fortunate to receive an Ott-lite True Colour Folding Craft Lamp which was donated to our class by SSS Pty Limited. Wow! so I am a tired, but happy, quilt camper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

This is gorgeous! Great color,and excellent value placement! Glad you had fun...I'm heading off this afternoon on a get-projects-done retreat.

April 03, 2006 3:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home