Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Group Blogging

Have you seen the new Art & Perception blog? Quite apart from the interesting core subject matter, I have been intrigued by the robust dialogue between the contributors regarding the administration and the look and feel of the blog. When we set up our own personal blogs, we consciously or subconsciously make all sorts of editorial decisions about formatting and content. When a group of contributors is involved, a different dynamic is at work.

I have a heightened awareness of the dynamics of group blogging as I have been closely involved with the establishment of a new blog for the Quilters' Guild of NSW Inc and setting up style and content guidelines for contributors. I am very excited about this initiative. The goal is not only to positively augment communication between the guild and its members but to promote the activities of the guild generally. The blog address is www.quiltersguildnsw.blogspot.com - check it out and let me know what you think. I'd also be interested to hear from other administrators of group blogs and issues that have arisen along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home